Lots of short random things here.
1. Changed the layout a bit. Please tell me what you think. The header image is some fractal from wikimedia commons (I don’t think I’m supposed to use it without giving rights so… Thank you Jonathan Zander.) I personally think it’s a decent layout but will probably be updating it after finals are over.
2. Firebug is really awesome. If you ever do web design it’s almost a must have. It made changing my layout a lot easier.
3. You can base a company off of almost anything. Mod My Life has a really strange idea that’s pretty entertaining but I don’t really see how they’re going to make money. The video clip on Tech Crunch was pretty amusing. Also made me feel a lot more comfortable about our company idea, which we think has a much more solid business plan.
4. Finals really suck. It’s not that I really mind taking exams, it’s just that productivity goes way down. I had 2 finals today (only 2 more to go!) and in between the two, I didn’t really spend time studying for the 2nd one but rather, I puttered around on the internet. I didn’t really want to study (obviously), but I also wasn’t ready to focus my energy on anything else and so I ended up killing a couple of hours. Not that that’s entirely a bad thing, it was good to have some free time to do nothing.
5. My mom used to say to me and my friends, “As if playing video games isn’t bad enough, you all sit around and watch each other play video games.” yeah… definitely did that for several hours today.
6. I really want to play soccer soon. It’s been awhile.
7. It’s funny. This week, the house that I live in has become harmlessly divided. Half of us have been sleeping “normal” hours (i.e. going to bed between 12-2am and waking up between 8am-noon) while the other half have been sleeping at really odd hours (i.e. going to bed between 8am and noon and waking up whenever they so desire). I woke up early today (7am) to go to a final and found that 5 people were still awake. This has kinda gotten me thinking about human nature a bit and how different people are. Like I have to get a decent amount of sleep to be productive (or even function at all) the next day and even still I do the best work in the morning. On the other hand, some of my friends work the best between 2 and 6 in the morning. This was true even earlier in the semester, but it’s seemed to be exaggerated by finals week. I’m not really going anywhere with this, I just think it’s funny and interesting.
8. Random question: Is it bad to eat raw pasta?